What’s that spell?
Well, um, nothing, but stay with me anyway.
Marketing is about ‘getting noticed’ – it does not require money, nor talent, nor an agency – it requires most of all persistence and consistency.
Persistence and consistency are not fun, nor glamorous but they win the day in marketing.
What would that look like for a tanning salon – that has no money for marketing?
Gotta go Guerilla.
The ongoing success of the salon depends on bringing new customers into the door to try spray tanning and then come back frequently.
– Maybe 3% of women spray tan annually, but millions are interested and willing. What an opportunity for growth.
– Recruit that huge audience of potential customers
–The ongoing success of the salon depends on bringing new customers into the door to try spray tanning and then come back frequently.
• The more first-time spray tanners you create, the more chance you have to sell an EFT down the line, once they are hooked
– Sidewalk sign: Let people know you offer spray tanning
• One of the most highly ranked tanning search terms on Google relates to ‘Tan salon near me’ (as in, Where can I get a tan near me?)
• Even if your salon is located in a prominent and high traffic area, you still need to let people know you are there
– Cross-Promote with other businesses that already serve your ideal customers:
• Beauty/Hair, Nail, Massage, Spa, Gym/Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, Wax, Brow/Lash
• When you visit another business, ‘wear’ a great spray tan to provide a convincing testimonial
• Provide professional business cards that includes free spray tan offer to be passed out to their customers – also, let owners know you’re willing to promote their business to your customers
• Ask owner if willing to include free spray tan offer in next email to clients• Offer owner and staff free spray tan (anything they want)
For more ideas to improve the marketing of spray tanning in your salon, click here for FREE best practices guide, including chapter named “Improve Spray Tan Marketing”. If you’d like to discuss marketing ideas to build a bigger and more profitable spray tan business – connect with your VersaSpa representative at 888-974-9977.