Top 10 Sunless Tanning Questions…
How do I avoid the orange undertone when tanning?
First, what causes skin to look orange? Over-application (that can be too much product in one application and/or applying too frequently), using ‘budget brands’ that use lower-quality ingredients, and applying when your skin is noticeably dry. Follow these tips:
- VersaSpa products are formulated to counter the unwanted orange undertone by only using premium, Eco-Certified ingredients and skin softeners that produce the most beautiful tan while making you look and feel younger.
- For the best results, exfoliate using VersaSpa Cleaning Exfoliator to remove any dry skin. This will help to ensure an even application and a beautiful tan.
Will I have a noticeable sunless tanning odor?
Not all skin chemistry is the same, but 89% of our panelist surveyed said ‘little or no odor’. VersaSpa products are formulated with breakthrough odor control technology, Odor-Ban 200™, designed to virtually eliminate the odor commonly caused by sunless products.
Will VersaSpa products cause breakouts and can I use on sensitive skin?
- VersaSpa products can and are designed to be used on the face. Both self-tan and in-salon spray tan products are non-comedogenic, meaning they won’t clog your pores.
- If you do have a history of sensitive skin, we recommend talking with your physician before using any products on your skin.
How long will my tan last and can I extend my tan?
A self-tanner or in-salon tan can last up to a week. If you routinely workout or swim, it can fade a little sooner. To avoid a quick fade and to help the tan last longer, it’s important to moisturize daily and/or use VersaSpa Spa Butter Gradual Tanner.
Does VersaSpa have parabens, gluten, etc.?
VersaSpa products are gluten free, paraben free, cruelty free and non-comedogenic (meaning it won’t clog pores).
Will my hands get stained when I apply self-tan products?
Follow these simple tips and you’ll be stain-free. First, you can use the VersaSpa self-tan applicator mitt to apply all self-tanning products. If using your hand, simply wash hands directly after application and you should be stain-free.
Can streaks and an uneven finish be avoided?
Yes, just follow these simple steps for both self-tanning and in-salon spray tans.
- If you’re going to shave or wax, do so at least 12 hours before you tan.
- Exfoliate and rub-off excess, dead skin cells for an even tan.
- Avoid lotion before tanning, since lotions can act as a barrier on the skin and cause streaks.
Tip: Instead of using a moisturizer the day of tanning, try VersaSpa Intensifying Primer, which will moisturize and balance your skin’s pH to accelerate development time and intensify the tan.
- For self-tanners, apply with the VersaSpa Self-Tan Applicator Mitt for an easy, even and mess-free application.
- Don’t forget to apply behind the thighs!
- When spray tanning in a salon using an automated spray tan booth, try Perfector to balance your skin’s pH for a deeper, darker, even tan that will develop faster.
- Don’t forget, after the tanning application, avoid getting wet, like working out or showering for about 4-6 hours to allow the tan time to develop.
How can I avoid an uneven fade, look more natural and less spotty?
The uneven fade is caused by how the body naturally exfoliates the epidermis, top layer of skin, which occurs weekly. When shedding happens, the skin in the layers below the epidermis are not tan and the tan looks uneven. To avoid this, simply exfoliate your skin in the areas that are fading. Do this every couple of days to make your tan fade naturally.
Will the sunless tanning bronzer stain my clothes, bedding, etc.?
The bronzer is water soluble and will be removed after the next wash in cold water. To avoid the risk altogether, do not wear tight fitting or light colored clothing right after applying your tan.
Will sunless tanners change the color of my tattoos?
No, your tattoos are ok when using VersaSpa products.
Put an end to orange tans and uneven streaks with VersaSpa’s sunless tanning products. Now, it’s simpler than ever to have a flawless tan right from home.